Sunday, August 3, 2008

More words

So there is funny part about Andrei's growing language skills. Currently he is beginning to put together two and three word sentences (usually just a noun and verb). But the funny part is the choices of the words and how they sound when he says them.

The first major one he did was at bedtime. His current bedtime ritual (he seems to replace new things for old in the ritual every now and then) ends with both Stef and myself tucking him in. He has two blankets in the crib and, of course, each of us has a particular one that we must tuck him in with (no swapping blankets or else the world might end).

Anyway, Stef (per Andrei's strict requirements) is first and then I follow. So the other night after she was done with the tucking and the kisses that follow, Andrei sticks out his arm, points to Stef and says...

"Mama Go!"

Of course we both chuckle and Stef says "Well okay then, goodnight." I'm feeling quite lucky to be allowed to stay, that is until I finish my tucking in and kisses which then gets the arm pointing and...

"Dada Go!"

At least he's putting together formal sentences. And notice the correct noun/verb order in his commands requests.

Today for lunch, he went into the pantry took out a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese and went over to Stef saying, "Mama Go Cook". Obviously the Russian male-dominated culture has not yet been reconditioned within his brain cells. Thankfully we should be able to have that fixed before he gets to dating age.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ha! (go cook)

Hey, thank for your comment on my medical insurance woes. Would you be willing to email me a blank spreadsheet? With Mama-Brain I'm struggling to visualize what it would look like, though I do realize that it should, in theory, work. Pre-kids I could have done it.

Best,

Suzanne