Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Catching Up

Unlike the shows affected by the Hollywood writer's strike, our life didn't stand still while our strike was going on which leaves lots of updates to deliver. I'll start with how things are going now that I'm back at work leaving my two guys at home.

We are all adjusting well and getting settled into our daily routine. Andrei's easy going personality really is making the adjustment easier than we expected. Don't get me wrong, we still have our challenges, but he just naturally is a go with the flow kind of guy and until a few days ago answered "yes" to just about anything.

The biggest change since coming home other than general growth has been in his speech development. The guy has quite a vocabulary going. He still converses in his own language with furniture, our kitchen appliances, the dog (especially when the dog has done something "bad"), and the pediatrician. But his English is improving remarkably.

Here is his current vocabulary (I'm sure this list is longer but I'm having a lack of naptime mommy brain moment):

Bye
Hi
All done
More
Car
Up
Down
Jeans
Tickle
Cup
Elmo
Good - comes out like goodgoodgoodgood
Mouse (as in Mickey)
Bath
** adding these next few that I forgot
mama
daddy
ball


Animal Sounds - loves doing these
Sheep - Baa
Pig - Oink
Dog - Bow Wow or Arf - depending on if Chianti is outside barking or not
Rooster - Cock a doodle doo
Cat - Meow
Monkey/Gorilla
Cow - Moo

And now for the obligatory picture:

2 comments:

Dede said...

I'm glad you started the site. I miss hearing from you guys. Wow, that's quite a vocabulary list he has going. I think we are up to about 6 words right now.

Chris said...

We've missed you! I'm glad you're back in the blog world. Nice to see Andrei developing so quickly! He sure looks cute!