Thursday, March 13, 2008

Words, words, words

Just a follow up to Stef's post about all the words Andrei uses currently. Most of them are not the best pronunciations and some are only spoken with just a consonant or two and perhaps a vowel. For example Jeans are said as "Jeezz".

But what is really interesting right now is how much he wants to try to say new words. We may be having him say too many words and as a result he isn't refining the ones he says most often. I say this because his first word Bye originally came out as "Beh" but after saying it over and over again he refined it to an incredibly accurate "Bye".

So I think I'm going to take Stef's list and try to work on saying just a few of the words each and every day to help his pronunciation. We never tell him "no" when he's said a word incorrectly. Instead we merely repeat the word for him with the correct pronounciation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray, I'm, glad you are starting a blog again, I like to hear what your little super hero is doing.
Don't worry too much about his pronuncation, that will come along.
Love to all

Suz said...

I posted on the old blog but to sum things up - YAY! I'm glad y'all are back!